Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Looking Ahead...

My next race is the Atlanta Thanksgiving Half on, well, Thanksgiving... I have done the race for the past three years and really love that it is becoming a tradition for me. In the past, this race has been a point to point race. This year they are shaking things up a bit and changing the course. I am really looking forward to the change as it seems a lot of the Atlanta races tend to pick up the same route along Peachtree Street. I can't wait to see some new sights along the way!

Since I was getting up early anyhow, I decided to get up THAT much earlier and volunteer for the race before the start. My job will be to make sure no interlopers get into Corral 4 come race day. My Dad and Stepmom (Rita) will be passing out mylar blankets and medals so make sure you stop by and say "Hi" while you cruise through the finish area. ;)

If you aren't doing anything on Thanksgiving morning and happen to be in the Atlanta area, I know a great Half Marathon that is calling your name. They need quite a few more volunteers so if you are interested in keeping the peace in one of corrals or helping out in one of many other areas, go the Atlanta Track Club site and sign up now!

9 comments:

KovasP said...

Racing and volunteering? That is very cool.

Jill said...

Look at all the calories you can consume after :). GOOD LUCK, and have a blast!

Lindsay said...

i loooove this race. well, i did the full back in 08 - i bq'd AND got to pig out all day! i am sad they dropped the full, but i can understand not wanting to tie up volunteers for so long.

i will have to remember this one for next year... hopefully... josh was not a fan of rushing back up to SC for dinners

Johann said...

Sounds like a great race. It's always nice to volunteer and give something back to running. Have fun!

Carilyn said...

Just found your blog. I'm always psyched when I find a mom/runner blogging! I think a lot of us started running (and blogging) for the same reasons - it's a great community of women!

Lauren said...

Have fun racing/volunteering!

Lindsay said...

i saw you ordered some h-milk, did you like it?

Null said...

Good luck tomorrow! This one is on my to-do list. Hopefully I'll get around to if one of these years. Can't wait to read your race report and opinions on the Ned course,

Amanda said...

Hope the half went well for you and the new course was a success!