Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Gifts in my mailbox...


I opened up my mailbox Monday morning to discover a package with my name on it! I had a brief moment of "what in the world" and "who do I know in MA" before I remembered that I was participating in the Blogger Gift Exchange over at Run with Jill. Trust me when I tell you, your mind really does start to chip away the minute you blow out the candles on your 40th birthday cake.

My gift came from Karyn at Running Mumma. She is in the process of training for her first marathon, so stop over and give her some blog love! Fun (or maybe lame) fact, I tried to get people to spell my name (Karen) with a Y instead of an E for a few months in my late teens. It was only slightly less successful than my half birthday celebration initiative. Somehow spelling Karen with a Y seemed so much cooler. Clearly, Running Mumma's parents knew...

Not only does she have a name that is spelled the coolest way possible but also selected the perfect gift. My gift: a box of Vanilla GU (my current fave), carrot cake Larabars and a ITunes gift card! True blogger gift love. Thank you Karyn!



In other news, the running this weekend went GREAT! I don't believe I have ever felt so prepared heading into a race. I mean, I did the Dopey Challenge (5k, 13.1 and 26) this weekend (minus the cheering crowds, t-shirts and medals) so I just have to recreate it a couple of weeks from now. I am truly excited!

Since I don't have anything else to do this week (LOL), I am doing the Iron Christmas 70.3. If you have some time to work in a 1.2 mile swim, 56 mile bike and 13.1 miles of running broken up any which way between now and Friday, check out the challenge at Super Fatlete.

6 comments:

Detroit Runner(Jeff) said...

Great gift!

Amanda said...

Great gift - very thoughtful!

Congrats on the Dopey Challenge dress rehearsal! I know I felt better when I did mine, but now the nerves are setting back in :)!

So glad to hear that you're feeling good going in to the WDW races - you're going to do great! Final race instructions are available, as well as waivers on the runDisney.com site. No wristbands for the Goofy this year and no checking in after the half :)!

Good luck with your 70.3 challenge. I've got one more 20 miler set for this weekend and then it's time to taper.

Jennifer said...

Happy Holiday Karen! And good luck with the virtual challenge! Cheers!

Lindsay said...

What a great blogger-gift! You really ran all that in one weekend? And not in a race? Ok, looney ;)

Merry Christmas!! I hope the honeymilk is treating you well :)

KovasP said...

That virtual 70.3 will help you justify that additional fueling! Nice gift.

Karyn said...

I am so glad you like your gift!! For the record I always wanted to spell my name with an e... guess you want what you dont have!