Monday, October 1, 2012

Give your sole winner...

Hey friends! Had an awesome weekend in Augusta that went so much better than I had hoped! Of course I will give the moment by moment account later. Final time was 5:42 which was a 25 minute improvement over last year. Thanks for all the happy thoughts and well wishes, I could not be happier!

Next weekend is the Allstate Atlanta 13.1 half marathon. I was lucky enough to have a free entry to give courtesy of the Give Your Sole program. If you are at the race this weekend, please bring your old running shoes to donate. A name was drawn at random and the entry goes to.... Smitty of Go Smitty Go!. Congrats,  I'll email you with the specifics.

** in case you read this earlier, there was another winner who could not use the entry after all, Smitty is my lucky runner up :)

6 comments:

Molly said...

Awesome time! Congratulations!

Unknown said...

YAY MATT!!!! :)

Matthew Smith said...

WOOHOOO!!! That's so awesome! Thanks a lot! Are you running it too?

I'm glad you had a great time in Augusta. It's so pretty down there. And, a 25 minute PR! SWEET! I can't wait to read all the details.

Thanks again!

Matt

Char said...

Congrats on your race result. A 25 min Pb is amazing!!

TwynMawrMom said...

WOW! Amazing time!!

ajh said...

Nice improvement! 25 minutes is huge.