Monday, September 26, 2011

The top three things I learned at Ironman Augusta...

I can see now why bloggers who post race reports often do it in segments. There were so many parts to this weekend, I don't even know where to being to tell the story. Don't you worry, I will get it done. It just won't be today. I don't want to leave you hanging so here are the top three things I learned this weekend.

1. Booty shorts for a man racing a triathlon is not a good look. Especially on the bike when I am stuck leap frogging said booty shorts for the last part of the course.

2. No amount of febreze spray in the world can transform a smoking room in a hotel into a non-smoking room.

3. Anything is possible. I am no super athlete. If I did it, you can too. Never sell yourself short. Finish time: 6:07!


15 comments:

Kurt @ Becoming An Ironman said...

Haha. Yeah, you'll see a lot of interesting outfit choices.

Congrats on finishing!! Can't wait to read the MULTI-PART report. haha =P

Jennifer said...

Ha ha, funny comments especially the booty shorts. Congrats, To me that looks like an outstanding time!

Sarah said...

can't wait to hear your full race report.

it sounds like you had a great race though!

and during my last tri the swim was cancelled three days in advance and people still were wearing swim suits on the bike. weird.

Mari Fridenmaker said...

Congratulations on your first Half Ironman, Karen! Woo Hoo!

Christine said...

Congrats on your half Iron!!!!!!!

Christine said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Carolina John said...

Can't wait to read the rest! You really kicked some ass out there, booty shorts and all.

Suz and Allan said...

Woohoo! Excited to read the recap!

Lindsay said...

Congrats! Can't wait to hear more. Sucks about the "non" smoking room though :-/

Katie said...

ACK! I want to hear the rest of it! but booty shorts = the devil.

That Pink Girl said...

Congratulations!!! Can't wait to read all about it!

ajh said...

Yeah! All 3 truths are good ones! You rock.

Amanda said...

You rock! Congratulations on your excellent finish.

Oh, I've followed some of those outfits and it's hard when you can't get away.

Sorry you had a smoking room. That is not good at all.

So proud of you for the excellent finish time and can't wait to hear all about it!

Julie said...

Awesome!!!! Can't wait for the race report!

Teamarcia said...

Congrats on a fantastic finish! Cannot wait for the whole report!