Wednesday, July 2, 2008

While I was running I came up with a plan...

You know my Dad told me you could get lost in your thoughts running. Today was kind of one of those days. Several of the ladies on my tennis team talk about wanting to run. I *think* they want to run, they just can't seem to get started. Today I came up with a plan. I decided that since I was out there running every Wednesday at 6 am why not get them to come out there too? One of them lives a half mile down the street and should have no excuse, right?

The plan is no in action. I have one definite and two seriously considering it. I am sure it will be slow going at first but maybe I can at least get them to commit to a 5k in the not too distant future! I kind of feel like I am paying it forward. DJ got me started, now its my turn.

Speaking of DJ.... I called him today to make sure he was going to be there tomorrow. He is not. He was fired. Bummer. New plan, my friend Theresa is going to help me with weight training on Tuesday and Thursday in his place. He is still running with me on Saturdays at a local high school, just no outside training which is really what I needed.

No comments: