Wednesday, October 1, 2008

I did some running today...

That's right my peeps - I did some running today :)

Why is it the first mile is always the most painful? Once I get past that mile marker, I could go forever (so to speak... or at least 2.5 miles). I signed up for Ted's Bison Stampede 5k this weekend. Really, I just love the name...and the fact that the finish line food are bison sliders. Yummo! I am ultra excited about the successful run, I go tomorrow to pick up my orthotics (that just sounds like an old lady thing but whatever). Doctor Dude prescribed some custom ones for me since I apparently like to run on the side of my left foot. The whole foot scanning process was very cool. They map your gait on a PC to see exact pressure points and how you roll your foot, over or under pronate or whatever. It was really interesting. I hope it will help keep the stress fractures from happening again. With the run today, I guess I am officially back on the training plan now. YAY YAY YAY! On to Yoga tomorrow to perfect my mountain pose :)

3 comments:

Kevin said...

Glad to hear you were able to run finally. Congrats on taking the first step and signing up for the 70.3

Sarah said...

Ooh! Yummy, that race sounds fun!! And 70.3?! Woohooo!!

Nitmos said...

Good luck with your 5k! And I see you are doing the Goofy Challenge. I did it in 2008 and it was FUN. Enjoy.