Tuesday, September 30, 2008

yoga....

Today I ventured into the yoga studio. I signed up for a special series of group classes that LFT was offering. Since I have never taken Yoga before and I am officially still in recovery mode, I thought it would be a good chance to try something new and force me not to rush into running full force. As it turns out, I was the only one in the class so I got a one on one session with the Yoga instructor. I am not all that flexible so lets just say some of the poses were a challenge - nothing like Wii fit. I definitely did not break a sweat so it is not the kind of exercise I am used to doing but went in with an open mind. All in all, it was very interesting. I do feel like I had a work out of sorts, my muscles definitely were feeling the burn in certain poses. I was certainly relaxed.

I had to laugh when we did "the mountain" I thought. OK, I normally just call this standing in place. There was a simliar pose with a fancy name at the end where you are basically lying on the floor. I call it lying on the floor. I can't even remember what Yoga lady called it.



By the end of the class, I was proclaimed to have a beautiful warrior 2 pose. Who knew? The downside to the class is it is at 5:45 am and you leave there all mello yello in need of a nap. I have a few more sessions to go, in the meantime, I will be working on my warrior with a little help from Wii fit :)




HAPPY BIRTHDAY AMY :)


My younger sister had a birthday today :) Here she is with my adorable (and not shy) niece, Hollie.



and then Hunter (my super sporty and smart nephew) and my brother in law Chris (we think he might be super sporty and smart too...)

No comments: