Tuesday, September 9, 2008

I'm leaving on a jet plane...


don't know when I'll be back again. OK, corny I know... I'm headed out for Wilmington, DE this morning. I am kind of excited as I have never been there before. Most of my training trips seem to involve Dallas, Oakland, or Omaha so it is a nice change of pace. I should get there early enough this afternoon to do a whirlwind tour of the historical district of Philadelphia and see Independence Hall, the Liberty Bell, that sort of thing. I am pretty excited!

I have not worked out in any way shape or form for a week now. So this is how the other half lives... I don't like it... I do find I am getting lots of sleep which is a bonus. My foot does feel better so maybe I am on to something by following the doctor's orders.

To my seatmates on the plane: I think I am getting a cold. I will not be coughing in your ear for 2 hours but do have a sore throat. I have left little packets of airborne on your seat as a parting gift. No need to thank me.

I am flying back in on September 11th. I am not completely phobic about it but it is one of those things that makes you consider another departure date. My friend Theresa said she would not think twice about it. In retrospect she has A LOT of unusual incidents and accidents happen to her so maybe she wasn't the one to ask. Just a thought...

No comments: