Thursday, April 24, 2008

I get to go to bed early tonight!

Funny how exciting that is these days. Back when you were 8 it was punishment, when you are older, it is pure pleasure to get to bed by 9:00. This week more than usual, I am running on no sleep with all of the late night tennis matches. I even had to take a nap yesterday in the parking lot prior to my match. So sad....

Today I got up at 4:45. I put my bag together the night before and somehow it still takes me about 30 minutes to get out the door. I headed to Lifetime for my 6:00 cardio group. The great thing about Lifetime is that they are across the street from work so I never hit any traffic in the morning so am always on time for work which is quite the feat given the unpredictability of Atlanta traffic.

Today's workout started with 250 crunches and then progressed into 30 minutes of a variety of lunges, squats, squat thrusts and exercise band usage. The end of the workout was a 30 minute run on the treadmill at an 8:45 min/mile pace. Ugh. I am generally somewhere in the high nine minute range so that was tough! Luckily no sprints today. DJ has it in his head that we are going to run a 6-minute mile before he is through with us. yeah. right.

After workout, I headed on to work and then home to go to bed early - YAY!

No comments: