Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Bad News Bears...

We had a substitute trainer for boot camp this morning. He was a former gymnast so when he is in charge, we typically do a lot of floor work using our own resistance as opposed to weights and bands. He really is pretty creative when it comes to thinking up drills that involve no equipment. Apparently, not everyone in the class appreciates pushups, planks and crab walks and asked our regular instructor to tell Mr. Substitute that we wanted weights. We got what we wanted.

Normally, you choose your own weight level so if I am not feeling it, I can wimp out and do less. Today, he chose the weights for us so it was quite the challenge throughout. Revenge maybe for our insistance on using weights.

The best part was the end. He had us doing a clean and press with the bar. Hilarious. He quickly found out that we are weaker than we look. At one point, I think someone even got knocked in the head with the bar. I am sure Mr. Substitute was laughing inside. Ten dollars says we are back to pushups and crab walks on Friday!

Last night's eats included the most awesome veggie pizza. Sort of an AHA moment. Even CR enjoyed it "once he got over the fact there was no meat". Ha ha.




I bought a california pizza kitchen white pizza and loaded it up with veg. Brilliant, no? My side had broccoli, squash, grated carrots, capers and a tiny sprinkle of cheese. Soooooo good! CR's half was olives, capers and bell peppers.

Have a good Wednesday! I have round 2 of playoffs tonight. In the meantime, I might be icing down my muscles from this morning :)

9 comments:

Lauren said...

wow that pizza looks amazing, and boot camp sounds hard! Yikes!

Tina @GottaRunNow said...

Well, push-ups are good, too! ; )

The pizza - brilliant, yes!

Stacey said...

Your pizza looks yummo!

Jennifer said...

It's just before diner time here... Oh my God that pizza looks amazing!

Ewa said...

Ha! There is nothing like exercise routine and or substitute trainer to spice things up.
BTW, there are several books out there on what amazing fitness results one can get just using body weight. I am too much of a wuss wimp so I go for weights. :) Some of those exercises are darn hard.

AZ said...

I'm sure he was thinking "You want weights huh? Okay, I'll give you weights." Be careful what you ask for.

San said...

LoL on Bootcamp. Your group got what it deserved for questioning your instructors decisions. Hahaha.

Squash? What's that? Pumpkin?

Lindsay said...

sounds like the regular guy told the sub to really give it to you :) at least it was a good workout! gah i need to get back into weights/strength training sooo badly. :-/

pizza looks delish! i made one last night w/ squash and zucchini (gotta pat myself on the back for my healthiness)

ShirleyPerly said...

I guess it's just a matter of what you're used to. In martial arts, the first type of formal physical training I did, we always used body weight unless someone didn't have enough to be challenged in which case someone else could be allowed to sit on you to make you heavier :-)

Yummy looking pizza!!