Friday, April 23, 2010

Everything goes with coke...

Or maybe not... My lunch hour took me to the local discount tire. I had a flat six weeks ago. At that time, the store gave me a temporary tire since they didn't have my size. A tire in the proper size was ordered. The very next day, they called to let me know the tire was in. That was six weeks ago. Today, I finally made it back for the swap out. Something about tires and oil changes kicks me into procrastination mode. Speaking of which, if I don't get my oil changed soon my car might revolt and park itself until I take care of business :)

So back to the story... I left my car at the store and walked to the only food in close walking distance, burger king. Not ideal but whatever... Like any fine restaurant, they suggest drink pairings with your meal. Check this out:




Apparently, coke pairs well with a whopper, double whopper or triple whopper. If you are eating a triple whopper ( or double for that matter), what are a couple hundred more calories I suppose.

Diet coke is said to go well with their salads and the veggie burger. I guess they don't factor in the calorie negating powers of diet coke. EVERYONE knows if you drink diet coke it cancels out the calories of m&ms. I am certain it would work for a triple whopper as well (or not).

Since I got the veggie burger, I felt obligated to get a DC. Not too shabby...





Off to check on my car... One long night of work ahead at the tennis club. There is a tournament tonight and the last match doesn't start until 9:30. Crazy....

Have a good weekend!

10 comments:

Debbie said...

It's been years since I stepped through the doors of a Burger King, but I'm happy to hear that they have a veggie burger. Doubt that will bring me in, though.

Ewa said...

90lbs ago I used to love Burger King. Obviously diet coke I drunk did not cancel chicken sandwich (my favorite then) calories. :)
Thanks for mentioning oil change. It's been a while since I pampered my car.

AZ said...

I'm a regular at any and every fast food place. Got to fuel up for those marathons somehow.

Jennifer said...

Ha ha that's pretty funny especially for a 'foodie' like you! Drink up! Cheers and have a great weekend!

Emz said...

ok seriously.......this
is
hilarious. loving that photo!!

Tricia said...

too funny

Tina @GottaRunNow said...

I feel so boring... I think water goes with everything!

ShirleyPerly said...

I had no idea BK offered veggie burgers! I rarely eat at restaurants but may now consider them if I can't find any other option when on travel.

AmyLauren said...

I ate BK quite often in high school, when I weighed 25 lbs more than I do now (and at 5'0" that's a lot).

But at least they have a veggie burger... other fast food places don't have that :). And I guess it's better than say, a Hardee's, right beside the car place. So that's good!

Patrick Mahoney said...

The DC doesn't cancel out the Whopper but it does cancel out the chocolate shake if you get one of those too.

Clearly Burger King pairs well with automotive repairs.