Run with Jill had a post today with her Bucket List of races to do someday. The post got me to thinking about races I would like to do in the not to distant future. I quickly realized my "bucket list" is not much of a stretch. I guess I don't dream BIG. Stretch goals... not really my thing. I guess I like the idea of my dreams being within reach. LOL. My top races I would like to do at some point are all within 6 to 8 hours of my house. Truth be told, if my financial house were a little tidier I probably would have done them already.
My local bucket list...
1. 70.3 Augusta. I would be completely satisfied with a 70.3. An ironman? Not going to happen for me. Really.
2. Iron Girl 15k, Clearwater FL. The distance is far enough to be worth the drive, oh and, there is a beach.
3. Women's Running Half Marathon, St. Petersburg FL. Noticing a trend here? Same reasons as above but also like the tote bag designed for the race. I think they give crocs too. I don't even like crocs but it makes the race enticing. It is a sickness...
4. Disney Wine and Dine Half Marathon. I love to eat. I love to run. It just makes sense. What is cooler than a half marathon that starts at 10:00 PM? I almost hit the registration button several times on this one before it sold out.
5. Virginia Beach Rock N Roll. Another Beach half marathon. Enough said. Next year, the RnR is coming to Savannah. I DEFINITELY will be signing up. I heart Savannah! (No offense, VA Beach!).
AND... if we are going to push the envelope, dream a little bigger and travel a little further, these would be my races:
1. London Marathon. I am obsessed with London and England in general. Sadly, I doubt that I will ever get there.
2. Marine Corps Marathon. Washington DC. It would just be cool to run past the monuments. Never been there either. Must.go.soon.
3. NYC Marathon. I would love to see NYC on foot. The crowd support, the city, all would be awesome!
4. Leading Ladies Marathon. Spearfish, South Dakota. This one just sounds cool. I have heard some great things about it and the scenery, well... awesome!
5. Big Sur Marathon. For the scenery. Breathtaking!
Someday, someday I will check these off my list! Which ones are on your list?
P.S. Don't forget to enter my CSN giveaway! Your odds are pretty good... :)