Saturday, August 6, 2011

A Million Spokes...



I watched the documentary A Million Spokes today. It is about RAGBRAI (Register's Annual Great Bike Ride Across Iowa). The ride takes place the last week in July each year. Basically, 10,000 riders go from the western border of Iowa on the Missouri river across the state to the eastern border (the Mississippi River). I wonder who I can talk into riding this with me as I have just added it to my "must do" list. too bad I do not care for camping. Sometimes you just need to get over yourself unless you want to miss out on great experiences. Maybe we can get CR a bike. I think he would enjoy it (and he likes to camp...).

7 comments:

Lora Abernathy said...

That sounds like an AWESOME experience!

ajh said...

I wouldn't care for the camping either but it sounds great.

Jill said...

I grew up in Iowa...Ragbrai was always one of the highlights every year while I was a kid - and still is :).

Julie said...

Jill and I want to do it with you.... :) I told Jill I was going to get her to ride across some state with me...she suggested Rhode Island.. :)

Amanda said...

That sounds like a ton of fun, but then I like camping ;)!

Jennifer said...

I love camping, especially if someone else is carrying the gear!

That Pink Girl said...

Go for it!!!