Monday, June 16, 2008

change in plans

I woke up this morning with a headache and was honestly too tired to get up early enough to get the bike in so I did the second best thing which was a 1000 meter swim. Better than nothing!

I was so sluggish all day at work. I could barely keep my eyes open which would be normal for a Friday but not so normal for a Monday. The only thing I can figure is I was dehydrated which I figured out after I drank 1.5 liters of water around 3:00 and instantly felt better. I thought I took in plenty of water yesterday but maybe not as much as I thought. Even after I got the fuel belt (which I neglected to bring with me on my run yesterday... much like the enviromentally friendly grocery bags that I NEVER remember to bring into the store with me!)

The other non-event of the day was my previously re-scheduled tennis match. We had scheduled it for last week and my opponent cancelled due to the heat (it was 94 degrees last Monday). Today it was only 91 degress so I guess that was cool enough. It actually was not that bad once you got used to it. I managed to pull off a win (YAY!)

So... new plan for the week:

18 mile bike AM, Tennis PM (Tuesday)
5 mile run + 600m swim (Wednesday)
6 mile run & workout with DJ in the AM, Tennis PM(Thursday)
10 mile run (Saturday)

No comments: