Monday, June 30, 2008

A Day of Rest

Yes, traditionally, that would be Sunday but today was my day of rest. I had the foresight to request a vacation day today and it turned out to be a good plan. After about TWELVE hours of sleep I motivated out of bed to do some general household things (laundry, dishes, trash). Aside from the obvious need for sleep, I am not feeling too bad from my day yesterday (did I mention I played a tennis match after the Iron Girl???). A little bruised and swollen on my left knee from the motorcycle crash and I feel like I have strep throat although that too is just bruising from the "iron girl incident of 2008".

I did sign up for a couple of races today. I think I was motivated by watching the Olympic Trials in both Swimming and Track and Field. I signed up for my first Olympic distance triathlon over Labor Day weekend and a half-marathon in November. The half-marathon advertises "a custom silver necklace to all finishers". Say no more, I'm in!

The plan is to get up and run 5 miles tomorrow AM possibly at Suwanee Park and then I have a tennis match after work. I'll let you know how it goes...

No comments: