Monday, April 6, 2009

Getting back into the groove...

Last week was amazing in that I did not step foot inside Lifetime Fitness one single time. I had intentions, they were just poorly executed. This week is all about getting my mojo back. Or my groove. Or whatever term you might you for grabbing yourself up by the bootstraps and kicking those lazy feelings to the curb. THAT is what this week is all about! and it will be one busy week too....

I DID manage to get up and off to boot camp this morning. Give me a gold star! I loved it. I missed it. I don't know I would ever not want to go. What was I thinking last week? Truly, I have issues to deep for this blog. ;)

Have I mentioned I started tennis up again? It turns out I reallllly missed it when the weather started getting nicer. I missed it so much I immediately signed up for 2 singles leagues and a team. Not so bad in and of itself but in one of the leagues I was a late season replacement which is GREAT because they are so desperate to find someone to replace the player who dropped out that you play for free. It is not always so great if you join so late in the season that there are only a couple week left and you have a full season of matches to play. So far I have managed to work it all in despite to torrential downpours we have had here over the past week. Tonight, I played match number 6 and have one match to go in that league before playoffs. Whew...


Remember that I mentioned the spring cleaning? Well, the cleaning that actually took place was not what I had in mind. I did go for a run around my mountain. (it is mine. don't even think about claiming it.) I came home and washed my car. By hand. Myself. It was punishment for only running 5 miles instead of the 10 I through I should have run. I am a hard taskmaster. Although the car was not part of the plan, that was not the unexpected cleaning.

Friday night, I kept getting these pop up messages about a virus on my PC. How this is possible, I have no idea. I rarely open anything, am crazy vigilant about it, etc. I guess my PC has been getting around PCs that are from the wrong side of the tracks. I'm just sayin... word on the street is my infection came from Canada and it was a doozy. The Windows Virus Care couldn't clean it. Saturday morning, I spent an hour on the phone with Ravi from India while he tried to clean it. I amused myself eating doritos and giving myself a facial while I watched him remotely try to fix my PC. His parting chat words to me were "go ahead and restart your PC". Had I known that was the last I would talk to him, I would have said something more meaningful than "OK". Sadly, I restarted and my PC crashed. Ravi never even bothered to call me back at the alternate number I provided "in case we get disconnected". I should have known he was just using me for my PC. Good bye Ravi. We were never meant to be.

With my PC now completely lifeless, I pick up the phone and reached a customer service rep. She helped me get the PC going again but didn't know what to do about the virus issue. Hmmm.... Well, at least the PC is working. All I could think was - here's hoping this isn't one of the viruses that sends weird e-mails to everyone in my address book! Left to my own devices, I found a service online to seek and destroy the little worm/trojan/hantavirus thing. The service must have scanned 20 times over the weekend and kept coming up with new issues every time that needed to be cleaned. Finally, I started deleting files on my own every time they provided a list since the cleaning wasn't working. After 8 or 10 more tries I think my PC is ready to interact with the world again. She has learned her lesson. No more fraternizing with PCs of questionable origin. So, not the spring cleaning I had in mind but cleaning nonetheless!

3 comments:

Mary Elizabeth (MErider) said...

Yuck! Viruses are the worst. Sorry you had to clean up your PC. I fear that all the time! As for being motivated, some weeks we just have more drive than others to workout, run, bike, etc. I'm impressed with you doing boot camp. I've never gotten myself to actually sign up even though I had every intention to!

Lindsay said...

so is there anything you don't do? i feel exhausted just reading about all this! :)

hope you kick yourself back into gear this week. i slummed around for a couple weeks, and then (just last week) forced myself to run at least a few miles everyday to get back in a groove. good luck!

Marathonman101108 said...

try "System Restore" on your computer. It worked for me once when I got a virus