Friday, April 3, 2009

Motivation is such a funny thing...

(warning depressing post ahead proceed with caution!) :)

Motivation is so here today, gone tomorrow. It is funny how things in your life around you impact it. Last week, I couldn't imagine not wanting to get up to go to boot camp. This week, I haven't been one day as you might be able to tell by the lack of activity in my workout sidebar. OK, technically I was out of town for 2 of the 4 days but you think I would have been excited to get back into the groove especially after such a great race on Sunday.

I think I mentioned in one of my previous posts that I moved my mother into assisted living this past weekend (the reason I was unable to get to boot camp 2 of my 4 days). The extremely short version of the story is that the reasons for getting her into assisted living are things my sisters and I have lived with as long as we can remember and really just kind of came to a boil about 6 weeks ago. My Grandmother used to take care of my Mom and then my Great Aunt. About 6 weeks ago it got to the point that my Aunt no longer was able to help and called me to come in and "do something". I can't blame her, my aunt did more than anyone could have asked. She is 86 and was ready for some of her own time. The move to assisted living did not go particularly well. When I left my mother at the facility on Monday night, she was extremely agitated and disoriented. Tuesday I was told she "flipped out" and had to go back to the hospital.

I was kind of proud of myself over the past 6 weeks for dealing with this without really feeling any emotional effects myself. It was something I knew was coming eventually and now it was time to step up and deal with it. All that seemed to change Tuesday. My alarm went off for boot camp Wednesday AM and I just couldn't get up to go. It wasn't the usual, "I'm just so tired I can't bear the thought of getting up at 4:44" but more of a just feeling unable to do it. Thursday was the same way. My bag has been packed for boot camp for 2 days now. Big Sigh :) I *know* I would actually feel better if I could just get out the door and go. Maybe today is the day!

As if all that wasn't enough, I was robbed TWICE yesterday in Mafia Wars on Facebook. You just can't trust the mafia.... I went to work and when I came home, my apartment complex and valu-mart had been looted. I promptly added those two guys to the hitlist!

In all seriousness, I am excited it is Friday and it is supposed to be a nice weekend. (All this rain we have been getting is probably not helping things either!). I have a tennis match tonight, a long run on the schedule for Saturday and two more matches on Sunday. I am pretty sure as long as I can get to boot camp this morning, I can get over this speedbump! Wish me luck :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are a strong lady and are allowed to lay in bed and skip bootcamp. Your body knows what you need.
Take care and have a great weekend :)

Lindsay said...

a busy life does get in the way sometimes, but i know you'll get back to bootcamp and running soon enough to burn some steam (and calories!) you seem to be handling it well and that is, of course, always good.

too funny about mafia wars. i am so addicted to a similar one on fb - "mob wars"!

take some time to get in a workout or two this weekend, even if it's shorter than normal!