Friday, July 29, 2011

What is in your desk drawer?

I think I have mentioned before that CR works in a retail environment. There are maybe 6 or 8 employees. In his shop there is a little office area that is shared by 3 people. A few days ago one of the 3 people (the store owner’s wife), opened one of the desk drawers to find a pair of these...




Seriously. (and no they are not CR’s.)


I store some things in my desk drawer at work but it is mostly limited to snacks and maybe some ibuprofen. One time many years ago, I had to go into another person’s desk while hey were out and they had a giant preserved fly and a cup of tobacco spit in their desk. I think this find trumps the fly and spit cup.

I have so many questions for his person. Who stores underwear in their desk? Let’s assume there is some random need to have a fresh pair handy. If you shared a desk, wouldn’t you find somewhere else to store it? CR offered the theory that the person in question works out before work or at lunch and maybe he was sweaty. If that were the case, wouldn’t you be changing all of your clothes and not just your base layer? Just thinking out loud. So. Very. Strange.

12 comments:

Kate Geisen said...

Tooo funny. Whenever I take a spare outfit to change into after a race, I usually tuck panties into a pocket. For whatever reason, I typically end up not changing and just going home in my sweaty clothes, so invariably I put the skirt or shorts on later only to find the underwear in my pockets when I'm out in public.

But in a shared desk??? No way.

Jennifer said...

Weird. I guess it's all relative. I have mainly small machine parts and hand tools, as well a collection of really strange and random stuff we find around the classrooms.

Tom said...

I guess you can never be too careful. Maybe that person keeps a spare pair of underwear in their glove compartment too in case they get in a car wreck.

Ewa said...

...maybe it is some kind of a message?

Jim ... 50after40 said...

I'll bet they were left over from a CRAZZZZZY office party!

Lindsay said...

very interesting... i don't keep anything strange in my drawers - tea, office supplies, sometimes snacks, and feminine products.

A Prelude To... said...

Guys do weird things. Seriously. My husband would not think twice about storing his extra undies in a desk drawer he shares with others.

Amanda said...

Wow, that's pretty interesting. I'm sure we could find some other interesting theories for why someone would store undies in their desk drawer, but maybe it's better to leave it to the imagination :).

Lauren said...

Maybe they forget to put on afresh pair sometimes and don't remember until they smell themselves? Logical right?

That Pink Girl said...

Oh my! I was cleaning out a former employees's desk after we, uh, let him go. In his desk drawer organizer Imfound a collection of finger nail clippings! Ewwwww.

pharmacy said...

Interesting point of view! I've heard to many things about that clothes.

pharmacy escrow said...

Hi, listen, I'm pretty new on this blogosphere and Internet thing, so I don't know if there's a sort of "subscription" method that I can use in order to receive notifications of your new entries...? Thing is I enjoy reading your blog a lot and I'd like to be up to date with your posts!