Friday, December 12, 2008

I want to ride my bicycle ...

I want to ride my bike....

OK... I am bailing on the Jingle Jog previously planned for tomorrow. As it turns out earlier this week I got an invite for sort of meet and greet at a local tri club tomorrow morning. It is a tri club I was interested in joining so it worked out pretty darn well that the event is about 3 miles from the house. Kind of hard to turn it down. The event includes a 15ish mile bike ride which I am kind of nervous about. I know, what kind of toddler is nervous about riding a bike. Seriously. I think the face plant into the motorcycle at that tri still gives me flashbacks. I know. Get over it. Aside from that I am very excited as at the past couple of races I thought that having a group of friends would be great at some of these things.

On a related note, I got an early Christmas present which I dropped a big hint for so I love it when a plan comes together... I got a bike trainer! YAY! Super sweet!

1 comment:

Mary Elizabeth (MErider) said...

Karen, don't be so hard on yourself. Riding a bike is risky and better to be cautious. You'll do fine and have fun, I'm sure. Lucky you! A trainer? I wish I had room in my tiny apartment for one...
Have a great weekend. :-)