1. I scratched my plans for the Shamrock marathon. It was going to be a four day weekend away from home and just couldn’t get away. Lots of exciting things on the horizon which I can’t wait to share if it all comes together. Fingers crossed while we wait… and I‘ll unfortunately have to leave you hanging on that one. Perhaps I will have to wear my new green sparkly skirt grocery shopping instead. That would be not be weird at all, right?
2. I signed up for “Fast Camp”. It is an 8 week FREE tri training program that is supposed to make you, well, fast(er). It is all relative, right? The idea is they want you to love it and pay for coaching after the eight weeks is up. It officially started this week but I put it off because of the marathon. I am going to kick it off this weekend. Hopefully it will be the little push I need to get back on track.
3. I have been playing a ridiculous amount of tennis in the past week or so. I used to play just about every day a few years ago but burnt out on it and backed off. Late last year I pretty much stopped playing altogether while I was training for B2B. In the past week, I have probably played 5 or 6 times. I really enjoyed it and hope I can work more tennis back into my life. I definitely like the swim/bike/run more but tennis gives me a social outlet that I had missed.
4. I need to get outside on my bike and ride, ride, ride. Maybe this weekend. It is after all summer (or at least it feels like it). It was 85 degrees yesterday. I fear the heat summer might bring. Especially since I signed up for a marathon in July. I am getting a heat stroke just thinking about it.
5. Anxiously awaiting The Hunger Games movie! If only I were able to keep my eyes open past 10:00 PM otherwise I would be at that midnight showing on the 22nd. :)
Hope everyone has a great weekend!