Monday, March 19, 2012

Go Dirty Girl...

Good thing I haven't cleaned out my closet in a while. I will be needing some old shoes to wear. I just signed up for the Dirty Girl Mud Run on April 28th in Atlanta. I have only done one other mud run / obstacle course and can tell you from that experience that you don't want to wear your good clothes for such an event! Unless you just want an excuse to buy some new clothes...



The Dirty Girl Mud Run is an obstacle filled 5k for women only. The cool part is that a portion of all proceeds from Dirty Girl registration fees are donated to the National Breast Cancer Foundation. In each city of the 2012 tour, 250 Cancer Survivors will receive complimentary registration and special recognition. Sounds like a good reason to get dirty to me!



If you have never participated in a mud run before (or even a 5k), this is the event for you. The race is a 3.1 mile run with 11 obstacles like the H2 OMG, Get a Grip, Just Get Over It and the PMS (Pretty Muddy Stuff) thrown in. The race is all about having fun. No special skills needed AT ALL. You just have to be willing to get a little dirty. I hear there is even a special clean up area at the end so you can get the dirt out of your hair before you enjoy the music, food, adult beverages and festivities.



Check out the Dirty Girl website for more information. Maybe I'll see you in Atlanta!

Just as an FYI... FitFluential LLC compensated me for this campaign. All thoughts and opinions are my own.

15 comments:

Kate Geisen said...

Sounds like a blast!

fancy nancy said...

This looks like so much fun!! I wish there was one closer!!

Kurt @ Becoming An Ironman said...

Mud runs always sounds like fun!!

Enjoy!

Jill said...

Oh gosh, that sounds like an absolute blast!! YAY!! :)

Char said...

It sounds like a whole heap of messy fun.

ajh said...

Enjoy yourself! It sounds like you are all set to.

Ransick said...

That sounds like fun! Nice change of pace from serious training.

Amanda said...

Sounds like a great opportunity to just have a blast out there!

Ara said...

We have a race similar to the Dirty Girl here in Utah. It's called The Dirty Dash. I do it every year, it's so much fun! If you want to make it even MORE fun, do it barefoot. :)

Unknown said...

Hahaha... that's so funny because I didn't know if you were doing it and actually called you out on my blog to see if you wanted to join me! :) Good minds think alike I guess! What time did you sign up for? Are you doing it alone?

Carolina John said...

You dirty girl you! Those races are a blast, have fun!

Katie said...

oooh, this looks like SO much fun!

B.o.B. said...

that looks awesome!!!!

Suz and Allan said...

I think this race looks like so much fun! I wanted to do it but I'm running the Music City Half that day. Hope you have a great time!

Barbara said...

THAT looks like a ton of fun!

Barbara
My Running Shortz