Sunday, March 25, 2012

Meeting up...

It seems like meetup groups are the big thing now (or at least they are in my circles). I have come across quite a few opportunities for group rides, open water swims and triathlon training in general just by logging in.

A couple of weeks back, I spotted a new meetup group that was based out of my part of town which is rare. In Atlanta, it seems that most of the triathlon training either takes part in Buckhead (which is more or less downtown) or on the west side of town. Unfortunately, I live on the east side. I still partake in some of the groups around town but it is SO much nicer to have something right in your backyard.

Today, the group scheduled a ride from Stone Mountain over to Decatur and back. Perfect. I had been wanting to ride that route but didn't want to do it alone so was excited when the opportunity presented itself.

It ended up being a great day for a ride. We had about 5 people in all with varying riding skills. We had a lot of fun, a nice ride and I met a few new people to ride with. Thumbs up for the meet up! :)







9 comments:

Jalal said...

I'm glad you came on out & enjoyed yourself. It was a good ride and a beautiful day. Yes, I poked around a bit to find your blog! Good stuff.

Suz and Allan said...

Looks like a beautiful day for a ride!

Amanda said...

Glad you found a nice group and had a good ride!

Jill said...

That's so cool you've met up with some new groups! I really need to try to do that more. What a gorgeous day for a ride :).

Carolina John said...

Cool! I've done a few meetup things around Raleigh, it's pretty popular here too. That's a nice group for a ride!

Katie said...

wow, what a beautiful day for a ride! I'm jealous - we had rain all weekend.

Char said...

Looks like a nice, happy bunch of people. It's great that you found a meet-up locally.

Ransick said...

Very cool you found a group to ride with. A side bonus is you have more people to talk training with. I don't know about you, but most of my friends aren't into training so they aren't too interested in mine.

That Pink Girl said...

Yay for new cycling friends! I feel so much safer riding in groups plus it's fun!