I was tagged by Summer for this post. I have never met her in person but have seen her cross the finish line at Augusta. It was completely random. I probably stood at the finish line for all of 5 minutes that day looking for some of my friends. In that 5 minutes out of the thousands of racers, here comes Summer! I tried to find her after she crossed but it was way too crowded. Next time Summer!
The rules of this post: (disclaimer I did not make them so don’t yell at me for them being difficult)
1.Post these rules.
2.You must post 11 random things about yourself.
3.Answer the questions set for you in their post.
4.Create 11 new questions for the people you tag to answer.
5.Go to their blog (FB page or other Social site) and tell them you’ve tagged them.
6.No stuff in the tagging section about you are tagged if you are reading this. You legitimately have to tag people!
So here goes...
11 random things about me
1. I sort M&Ms (or skittles or jellybeans) by color before eating them. I would also tell you that there have to be even numbers of each as I eat them but then you would just think I am weird.
2. I was into soccer, cheerleading, and swim team in my early years. I wouldn’t really say I was athletic though. I was a cheerleader back in the day when all you had to do was yell, clap and occasionally jump. I definitely have AOA (adult onset athleticism). I have no idea where the recent surge of athleticism has come from.
3. I put myself through college. It took me over 11 years to get my undergrad and Masters degree.
4. I have never changed a diaper. Really.
5. I don't like to feel like I am the center of attention. In tennis, I hate to be on the court closest to the spectators. Put me in the corner!
6. I don't really like chocolate. Of course, that doesn’t stop me from eating it but it would not be my first choice for sweets.
7. I love to learn things - cooking classes, tennis lessons, crafts, skeet shooting, whatever… I get bored easily so love a challenge. I still haven’t hit on that thing that I am just great at… I excel at being that person somewhere in the middle. Maybe there is something to that birth order thing… I am the middle of 3 girls.
8. I have had 7 motorcycles since 1997 when I started riding. A Kawasaki 100 dirt bike, Honda ACE 750 Shadow, Honda ACE 1100 Tourer, Valkyrie Tourer, Honda VTX 1800, Boss Hoss 502 trike, Yamaha 1600 Midnight Star. Currently the only two wheeled vehicle I have is my bicycle.
9. I have a freakish memory for random things. I still remember the birthdays of kids I went to elementary school with and have not seen or talked to them since then.
10. We are reaching way back for this one... I traded my Bay City Rollers single (Saturday Night) to Dodd Morris in 3rd grade for a gi-normous Mexican sombrero. He told me I got the short end of that deal. What could possibly be better than a gi-normous sombrero?
11. My favorite trip of all time was a 10 day motorcycle trip Rick and I took to Missouri. We rode backroads most of the way and stopped in all sorts of small towns. We went to Graceland, Laura Ingalls home and so many cool small stops along the way. It was a blast!
My answers to Summer's questions:
1.Favorite time of the day? For working out, hands down morning. In general I would say around 10 AM. I finally am waking up and ready to be social at that point :)
2.What is your favorite meal to make? (If its good I need instructions – I told you I am trying to do better) That is a tough one these days as I have been all about easy which isn’t necessarily an “awesome” meal. I made some lasagna for my birthday that was pretty yummy. Get a box of the bertolli no boil noodles and there is your recipe.
3.Glass 1/2 full or glass 1/2 empty? Definitely half full.
4.Last picture taken on your phone? I am counting the days until my contract runs out and I can get a new phone. Hardly take any pics with this phone at all. It looks like it was a pic of a birthday card. (don’t ask.)
5.If money was no issue how many races would you try to do in a year? There are so many I would love to do. Obviously money would help but training for them is really more of an issue. I don’t know maybe 1 really great race a month.
6.Car, Truck, Van, or SUV? I have a car and love it. An SUV would be awesome for toting things around though.
7.Do you take part in any water sports? We used to do a lot of things on our wave runners. We had some friends who were into doing trips on them and trying to make a business of it so we went on a couple of those trips. We started in Moncks Corner SC and traveled down the Cooper river (I think that was the name), past Charleston and back. So fun!
8.If you’re walking down the street and find a $100.00 bill what do you do with it? Pick it up, ask around if anyone lost it and hope no one claims it!
9.Favorite non sports related thing to do? I LOVE to bake.
10.Have Pets? Nope.
11.Last movie you went to a theater to see? Wow. Can’t even remember. It wasn’t all that long ago just can’t remember what it would have been. We usually don’t go out to the movies unless it is something that we are just dying to see and don’t want to wait for it to come on video.
I am tagging....
Carolina John @ Training Smoker
Julie @ You just have to Tri
Lindsay @ Chasing the Kenyans
Mike @ Mike’s Triathlon Journey
Meggan @ How To Eat and Elephant
Barbara @ My Running Shortz
Kenley @ Essence of Running
Jill @ Run with Jill
Jess @ Run with Jess
My questions to those of you who were tagged:
1.What was your favorite vacation of all time?
2.Snacks: Sweet or Salty?
3.What were you doing around this time ten years ago?
4.Hit play on your Ipod (iphone, cassette, 8-track, whatever). What is the first song to come up?
5.What was your favorite memory of 2011?
6.Google “(Your first name) needs”. What comes up? (Mine is ‘Karen needs facebook’ followed by ‘Karen needs a lobotomy fund’. LOL)
7.What is your favorite running or triathlon related product?
8.If you could only do one race, which one would it be?
9.Do you prefer to train alone or in groups?
10.What is the one race you wouldn’t mind doing over and over again?
11.What accomplishment makes you the most proud?