I started to call it 'Three Things Friday' since I wasn't sure I had five things but that made the title seem less catchy, don't you agree?
1. Speaking of fives, BIG HIGH FIVEs to everyone who participated in KDUB's 70.3 Birthday Challenge. I will get together a post with winners either Monday or Tuesday (if not sooner). Thank you all for playing my little reindeer game :)
2. There is a new addition to the family. As of noon yesterday, I have a sweet new nephew. I was campaigning for us to share a birthday but it didn't work out that way. Once again, my psychic ability is just slightly off.
3. I applied to be on a tri team this season and got the "thanks but we had a lot of talented applicants" rejection e-mail a few days ago. It was such an awesome opportunity I had to go for it. Even though I knew it was quite the long shot it still was pretty disappointing not to be selected. On the bright side, it freed me up for a couple of cool volunteer opportunities so am looking forward to the new things on the calendar.
4. I joined Team Tough Chik a week or so ago. Within a few hours of joining I knew it was going to be a great fit. Such a supportive group of women!
5. I am headed a couple hours south very, very early in the morning to run the Museum of Aviation marathon. This will be marathon number 7 (if you count B2B). I wouldn't have guessed there had been that many but I just confirmed it on athlinks. WOW. I had a modified training schedule that started post-B2B so I think the unusual training plan makes me question my preparedness. Fingers crossed that it is all mental! :) The race is on an air force base and supposedly there are flyovers throughout the race so that should make it interesting!
Happy Friday the 13th...