Saturday, August 30, 2008

Friday!!

After a particularly hellish week at work, I decided to take Friday off. woo hoo! Without blogging on about work which is a whole other blog in and of itself, lets just say anything that could go wrong did go wrong this week. In a nutshell, when my co-workers and I tell our work stories to outsiders more often than not our friends say it sounds like we work on the set of "The Office" or "Office Space". Sad but true. To give you an example, the most recent issue was a changing of the dress code. For seven years, we have been casual in our dress meaning you pretty much could wear anything besides shorts to work. Jeans, flip flops, t-shirts you name it, all good. Today, the home office requested that we go to business casual to be more in line with the other offices. Not a huge deal... you would think. There were tears, visible anger and spirited debates over what and was not a "t-shirt" (in the new dress code, it states t-shirts are not allowed - meaning shirts with sayings on them as opposed to plain shirts that happen to be made of t-shirt material.) In the past, we have had similar town hall meetings over what is and is not fleece if you can believe it. I know, so crazy.... For the record, I had already decided to take Friday off before this gem was released Friday afternoon so this was just the cherry on my hellish week Sunday.

So my Friday began with catching up on some sleep and heading to the pool. I was able to swim outside which is always a treat! This time the water was not cloudy at all so I was able to get in 2000 meters in the sun. AHHHH!

I spent the rest of the afternoon watching tennis and being a big ole couch potato. Surprisingly, (or not surprisingly) my foot feels much better after all the rest. That doctor was on to something... I think I'll keep him. My night consisted of a late dinner with a friend. We had some fence mending to do and it still didn't go the way I planned but this may be one of those situations where it is better not to be friends. Don't know, time will tell.

To continue my three week tradition of staying up later than any sane person, I watched Andy Roddick pull off a 4 set win against Ernests Gulbis last night. The match ended around 2:30 am. UGH! Luckily, I was able to sleep in Saturday!

On tap for today... tennis tournament day 1. I am playing doubles with someone I have never met before. Hopefully she is awesome and we kick butt!

No comments: