Saturday, August 2, 2008

MRI for today...

I went for my follow up yesterday. Since I have so many events coming up (two triathlons and states championships this month and then this Chicago Marathon in about 12 weeks), the doctor gave me two courses of action. The first being just stay off of it and see what happens. This would mean the triathlon next weekend might be out (which I kind of had written it off already) and would mean the state tennis championships were questionable. I am a person who likes to have a plan, know when things are going to happen and how they are going to happen so we mutually agreed that an MRI might be the way to go. Admittedly, it might be a waste of money but at least I will know what it is or isn't and can plan accordingly.

The MRI is scheduled for this afternoon and they will read it tomorrow so I should hear from my doctor sometime Monday or Tuesday. Side note, if you ever have a sports-type injury, Dr. John Alsobrook is very attentive, spends a lot of time with you and understands the mental side of wanting to keep training. I would highly recommend him. He is on the north side of Gwinnett/ south Hall county but I have found that it is worth the drive.

For this week, I have been doing a fair amount of swimming which has kept me somewhat content along with some bike riding and lots of weights. I am already feeling a void without the running so hopefully I will be back on the road soon. I just got a cute new running skirt after all!

In other observations:
Random traffic sign on the Sugarloaf Parkway today directing teachers to some sort of meeting at the Gwinnett County Civic Center: "Gwinnett Teachers Stay Straight"
So how does that work... is a teacher driving down the road, sees the sign and thinks to herself, "Well, I was thinking of experimenting but now that I have seen the sign..." HA HA :)

3 comments:

Kevin said...

You have been such a busy person. Hope you get some good news from the MRI results

Anonymous said...

Good luck with the MRI. I'm actually going to the orthopaedist this afternoon about my leg. Thought I pulled a groin muscle the last week in June but it's July and I'm still hobbling around here.

Gwinnett Teachers Go Straight! haha

Karen said...

sorry about your leg girlie... yeah if it has been a month, maybe you should think about getting it checked out :)