Wednesday, August 6, 2008

spinning is my life...

or so it seems this week. It is entirely too hot to ride outside after work (97 degrees is enough reason for me to stay inside!). I have been soaking up the spin classes lately. It is funny how much difference an instructor can make in a spin class. I have been to 3 different ones so far. The right instructor makes the time go by quickly which is an accomplishment when you are in a room, riding on a stationary bike staring at the wall. The first instrcutor I had tried was not so successful at keeping my interest. The last two have been much better.

I decided to go hit the spin class tomorrow night that is part of my GetFit tri group. It is across town but it is high time I showed my face and met them. Up until now, I have been following the schedule and running with the Gwinnett contingent (there are two groups within GetFit, the tri group and the marathon runners - the tri group is in the acworth/smryna area, my marathon group is in Gwinnett on the other side of town). Since I can't play tennis in the evenings I thought it would be a good excuse to head out there. They normally do a brick run after the spin class but I'll have to pass on it this time.

It has been very strange coming home every night immediately following work. I am probably more well rested now than I have been in months. Normally, I go from work to tennis, home to eat and take a shower around 9:00 and back up at 4:45 to head to the gym. Maybe I did need a forced break after all...

No comments: