Wednesday, November 5, 2008

I just realized something...

As I logged in my 3 miles for today, I realized I just hit a pretty big milestone. Check it out blogworld - as I of today, I officially logged 500 running miles since January 1. WOW oh WOW. I guess I can be proud of that, right? Yes, you marathoners probably have waaaaaay more than that in 11 months but let me have my moment. After all, I only started running in February. Funny to think, not long ago I thought a mile might be the death of me. Since then I have run a half marathon, a couple of triathlons and have a marathon just 2 months away. When I set my mind to something, watch out. Type A, overachiever, it is all true. I admit it. I embrace it in fact.

Tuesday has become tennis day for me. I had practice from 5:30 until 7:30. It was our first practice for the new season. Tennis never ends in Atlanta, we play all year round. We had a pretty small turnout for practice due to the other big events of the day but it was good to get out and play tennis. Our coach gave me a Wilson K-factor racquet and a couple of tennis bags for helping with the pro tournament a few weeks back. It was a nice gesture since I had put in so many hours. I am kind of excited to try out the new racquet. I had it strung today so I could use it soon. I had 2 matche slined up for this week and both cancelled so it might be next week before I can give the racquet a try.

Today, I pretty much did my usual routine. Got up crazy early, went to LFT and ran my 3 miles. It was supposed to be 4 but I was feeling tired. Oh and that darn sandwich was calling my name again! Maybe I should eat a little something before I work out, you think? I made it to Panera and slid into my parking spot at 8:00. Priceless. :)

Tomorrow, the plan is to get up earlier than 4:44 (I know!) so I can get 7 miles in before work. I'm going to do an outdoor run which is much better for my distance runs as I am less inclined to stop once I start feeling a little tired. The thing about that kind of running is once you are 3 miles away from your destination you pretty much have no choice but to keep going.

I am so tired right now, I might have to lay my head down on my keyboard.... Have a great night!

1 comment:

Viv said...

WOW 500 is a fantastic accomplishment! Tennis is such a great way to get a good workout, but for me it would just be ab work bending over to get the ball. Hope you get that run in the morning done early :-)