Thursday, November 6, 2008

so another 7 miles in the books...

Yay! I am officially caught up with the marathon training program after having to take off for the stress fracture. I got up crazy early this morning and got 7 miles in before work. Not all that easy as 1. you have to get up crazy early and 2. there is entirely too much temptation for me to stop and turn around before I finished my full distance. I don't remember having that problem pre-fracture as I really haven't even gotten to the super-long runs yet. Yikes!

So, I went to the dentist this week. You ever wonder what is written in your chart about you? me too. I am pretty sure mine has a note so the dentist will tell me I have "pretty teeth". My dentist has never been much for conversation, he pretty much comes in, looks at the x-rays, checks a few things and is on his way without much chit chat. One time I told him that he never says anything nice about my teeth (for years he always told my sister she had nice teeth or healthy teeth or something...). Ok, maybe I was jealous... whatever - I take any compliment I can get... Ever since that day, on every visit, my dentist has told me i had "pretty teeth". I so want to ask if it is in my chart. I am sure it must say something like "Suck it up, tell the compliment starved girl she has pretty teeth". I kind of wanted to look while the hygienist was putting in my x-rays. oh well... I may never know. It is a little too ironic to be chance...

And with that I have nothing else to say so I will leave you with this.. I dare you to try and stop singing the catchy tune!

1 comment:

Renee said...

I understand that temptation to turn around and head home! Running in the morning is hard but for me, it is even harder to run after work and at the end of the day. It would be so much easier to be independently wealthy and not have anything to do but train and play all day!