Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Do or do not, there is no try


Apparently that is a saying from Yoda in Star Wars. Not being a huge Sci-fi buff, I would not have attributed it to Yoda had I not been told. Although I can quote scenes from Grease, Sound of Music, Dirty Dancing and assorted other movies (including, sadly enough, Balls of Fury as you have seen), I normally do not quote Star Wars unless I am doing an impression of Princess Leia with the bread bowls from McAllister's Deli. Long story, although I will say the bread bowls also lend themselves to an impersonation of Jackie Kennedy. Another story for another blog.

Back to Yoda... he was a wise one... So true, you either do it or you don't, there is no in-between. I am either going to get up in the morning and run 5 miles or I am not. I can't let Yoda down...

I am starting to feel pulled in both directions by trying to get ready for the triathlon and the marathon at the same time. I want to keep up with the running plan but also have to find time for biking and swimming too. As another wise Yoda-like person I know always says to me, "you do this to yourself". Yes, true. I am an overchiever. It is a sickness. I did take myself off of one of my tennis teams this summer so now I am down to two tennis leagues. Baby steps.

Today was nothing out of the ordinary, A.M. weight training with D.J. followed by a short 1.5 mile run around the outside of the gym. I had a steak tonight from Texas Roadhouse, watched American Idol, said a little prayer for Jason Castro to get voted off and now am going to bed so I can get up and run in the morning! The plan is 5 miles. From the house to Mountain Park, around twice and back home by 7:00 A.M.

No comments: