Wednesday, May 21, 2008

I need to find my niche

That is what I was told this morning by DJ. He is convinced that I should be running Masters Track. Either the mile or the 800 is what he said. Hmmm.... my current mile is around 9 minutes. Don't those people run between 4 and 6 minutes? I don't see how that translates. I suppose if I knew I was only running a mile I could push myself to go faster.

The conversation went something like this:
DJ: You need to find your niche. I really think you could run the mile or 800.
Me: Everyone would laugh me off the track.
DJ: They don't laugh at me.
Me: Right. You were in the Olympics and can keep up with them. Nice try.

He wants me to run in the Georgia Games. I promised to think about it although I am not sure I want to add another goal to my list right now. I am already struggling between the training schedules for the triathlon and the marathon in October.

On the workout agenda, we did a lot of strength training and then 2 miles on the stair climber. Not really enough mileage according to the official "plan" so will have to make something up later this week.

No comments: